Thursday 20 March 2014

Editing

   

Throughout the process of making a title sequence I really enjoyed working on FinalCutPro. I have used FinalCutPro in the past but not in depth as I have for this project, which has been a great as I have learnt more about the programme and editing in general . 

The images below show the process of editing the title sequence. Firstly I had to load all the footage onto the computer, after I had to use MPEG to convert the files to DV as it would be easier to use on FinalCutPro. Once that was done , I then drag the correct footage's onto the timeline  and arrange them in order.  When all the scenes were put together I then started to add the video transitions, being that the title sequence is a Romantic Comedy there wasn't a huge variety of transitions to use as Romantic Comedy title sequences tend to have a cross dissolve and fade in/ fade out transition. I mainly used a cross dissolved as it worked well with the changing of time and day which was perfect. After all that was done, I then added my font , I decided to use 'Apple Chancery' which I shall be changing to due to the feedback given. Also, I used to the colour blue on my font which I shall be also changing as some of the tiles are hard to read. 

There were many video filters that I tried to use on the sequence but none of them looked right , some were too dark , to bright etc. I am still looking for a filter that will work well. However, I increased the brightness of some of the scenes for example the corridor seen was way too dark so Increased the brightness and lowered the contrast. For a more naturalistic look and tone. 

There wasn't much to do when  it came to editing the music. The only thing I  needed to edit was I had to cut down the track as it was longer than the sequence and I placed an audio transition for the music was to fade out at the end of the sequence. 





No comments:

Post a Comment